D.C. and Maryland Dog Bites Attorney
Dog owners have a responsibility to ensure their animal is under control and not posing a threat to neighbors. Across the Maryland and D.C. area, children are often the victims of dog bites or attacks. After a child is bitten by a dog, it is not unusual for them to develop a life-long fear of dogs that may require counseling to overcome. Negligent dog and property owners can be held accountable for your injuries including:
Compensation for your:
- Unsightly scars
- Developed fear
- Emotional pain and suffering
- Medical costs in the case of severe damage
- Loss of present and future income
Do Not Represent Yourself!
- On most occasions in which an individual is injured due to the negligence of another party, the case settles out of court with a resolution that is mutually satisfactory
- An experienced lawyer can assist you in reaching a settlement for your case most efficiently.
- It is not likely that the average individual in a case such as this is knowledgeable enough of what is required to reach a substantial settlement.
- By representing yourself in a legal case, an individual may be placing themselves in a position where their lack of knowledge for the case is susceptible to being taken advantage of.
Depending on the level of injury and trauma, we may be able to assist you in filing a lawsuit against a dog owner to hold them accountable for the actions of their dog. This is particularly true if the owner failed to take proper precautions for an especially dangerous dog. Dogs that have previously attacked others or bitten others are a menace and their owners should be taking special precautions. If you or a loved one was bit by a dog and have incurred medical expenses, expect to have scarring that will not go away or have mental anguish as a result of the bites, call the DC and Bowie, Maryland dog bite attorneys at Morris LLP at (301) 731-1000 for a free case evaluation. There is no fee unless we win your case.